Preparing Powerful Presentations with Ease
The ability to deliver powerful presentations is essential not only for one’s success as an individual, BUT for the company as a whole! Picking up and applying world class tips, tools and techniques will help build the self -confidence of your staff, group, or employees, and improve their communication skills resulting in higher productivity and profit.
Do you realize that speaking:
- is always about closing a sale – an idea, a proposal, a product, a service, yourself?
- requires essential presentation skills in order to successfully influence and persuade others to buy in
- necessitates a building of relationship, trust and confidence between speaker and listener(s)
- is not as much about Perfection, as it is about Connection
- is a process that can be learned by anyone as long as they apply the correct tips, tools and techniques
My Public Speaking Programs/Presentation Skills Courses are customized to meet your group’s needs with regards to content, location, length of training sessions (from 1 hour to half day to ongoing series over a few weeks)
Since speaking is a process that can be learned by doing, a series of 4/5 customized sessions, is preferable, since over time, the attendees and I can build relationship, connection, and consequently, their own increased self-confidence and trust in me. I can then share digestible proven presentation techniques over a period of time and evaluate their progress.
Intended Outcomes for the attendees:
- to realize that anyone can learn to be a more effective presenter
- to learn tips on overcoming the fear of public speaking
- to learn how to avoid ‘death by power point’
- to pick up and readily use proven presentation keys for effective speaking skills
- to be more confident, concise, conversational business communicators at staff meetings, and/or when presenting ideas to clients, sponsors, colleagues, senior management
- your own outcomes, goals for your attendees???
What I myself bring to a group teaching environment:
- my academic knowledge and years of experience as an educator
- my understanding of the adult learning process, and of the diverse individual needs and learning styles
- my provision of an environment that is interactive, supportive, comfortable and enjoyable
- my sense of humour and years as a comedic stage actress, fully understanding that: when people laugh, they relax, when they relax, they learn, and when they learn, they remember!
GROUP SPEECH CLASSES…Rave Reviews CONTACT ME!
“As a South African who recently opened a branch of our company in Malta, marketing is a necessity. Yet for me, public speaking is a nightmare, a huge cause for stress and sleepless nights! During Kathryn’s public speaking workshop, I couldn’t stop taking notes! She helped me realize – I can do this! I need time to get over “stage fright” but now I have the right tools to get there, which I will always value and carry with me! Wonderful workshop!” – Chandelene Steyn- Co-Owner-RED Advertising & Design Studio www.redcreativestudio.com June 2013, Malta, Europe
“Your workshop was the best speaking skills workshop I’ve ever attended in terms of the knowledge base, structure, organization, etc…I learned so much and I will definitely apply these vital keys in my future presentations.” –Esra Guven, BScEE, PMP Project Management Consultancy and Training Services, 2010
“Thanks for the inspiring presentation you delivered today at Moneris Solutions. You are a dynamic speaker and motivator. You have not only given me new tools to work with as I begin my new role as a learning facilitator, but your presentation has given me hope, a boost of confidence and a clearer direction to lead my own classes.” – Evelyn Solski, Learning Facilitator / Learning Delivery, Moneris Solutions, 2009
“…a very enthusiastic, high-energy presenter…extremely well managed, interactive conference session on Presentation Skills for our senior associates…worthwhile ideas and examples, both visual and verbal…handouts had many excellent tips for group to consider after the session.” – Natalie Dixon, AAG GTA Senior Resource Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc.2007
I attended your presentation for Toastmasters in Ottawa in 2011. It was the best public speaking presentation that I have seen…you were energized and you gave people practical “take-away” skills. Thanks for all your great work. I am reading your book for the second time. It has helped me a lot. – Gerry Tapp CPA, CMA Ottawa, 2014
“Your openness combined with your sense of humour was just what was needed for our group. The comments have included … Best laugh I’ve had in months to the energy in the room was electrifying. Thank you for being who you are and for doing what you do so extremely well and especially for sharing your time to with us today. ” – Sharon Whelan, Bantrel, Misissauga, Ontario